Friday, September 14, 2012

My Days Are Numbered

My days as a Lady of Leisure are numbered. I received my official letter from the Health and Care Professions Council that I have been approved and can now register with the HCPC and be eligible for employment. It only took 8 months (sarcasm). They took their sweet, sweet time reviewing my credentials.

I really shouldn't complain because it's given me 8 months to live a life of leisure, explore this beautiful country and grow some amazing friendships. With that said, it's going to be hard giving up this lifestyle. I'm going to miss my spontaneous lunches, afternoon coffees, weekly hikes, long afternoon walks with Angus and never rarely being too tired to have a hot meal on the table for my hubby.

But it's time for me to start contributing to my student loan payment again (thanks, babe!) and the DINK (double income no kids) life is pretty sweet (but so is the expat SINK lifestyle) and I do truly love the career path I have chosen. I am looking forward to working with patients who need my help, having colleagues again, using my brain and joining my husband's valiant effort to provide a future for our family.

Wish me luck in the job search, the transition to working woman and finding the time and energy to maintain the wonderful friendships that I have enjoyed while being a Lady of Leisure. I'll keep you posted on the progress. Luckily, with visitors coming and a trip back to the US in October, I get to keep my title just a little bit longer :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment